A cat genius is definitely a boon for cat lovers. It is a self-cleaning litter box that can clean itself like an appliance, and flush your pet’s waste like a toilet. In fact, there are a host of perks this cat genius can offer, but you should expect a fair amount of trouble as well. In this review, let’s take a look at the most common problems users encounter.
1) The package comes with a simple DIY setup for the water supply and electrical outlet.
2) You can configure it to work in 3 different ways:
a) Automatic cleaning cycle 4 times a day
b) Manual activation using the Start button
c) Activation of the cat
3) Cat Genie uses water and a veterinarian approved disinfectant to clean itself.
4) It dries after cleaning because it has a built-in tumble dryer.
5) 100% litter free; uses washable sand granules. It is definitely eco-friendly.
1) You may find it difficult to get your cats to use it. They may still want to use their old litter box as this is where they were used to.
2) The granules can be easily spread around the house. The washable granules are too light that when your cats get out of the shallow bowl, they can spread all over the floor.
3) It runs very high and needs almost half an hour to finish a cleaning operation.
4) It is quite expensive.
5) It still requires a bit of manual cleaning, especially when your kitty’s poop is too soft. You may not be able to pick it up, leaving it with the granules to dry. It is sure to give off an annoying odor.
It may have a very good concept and it would really save you the hassle of cleaning your pet’s ‘toilet’, but it still needs manual intervention to make it work well. However, the issues cited in the review will most likely be addressed in upcoming versions of the product.